Privacy and Cookies Policy
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 2018 and the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) (EU) 2016/679 the data controller is Parkinson Builders Ltd, 1 Dart Street, Ashton, Preston PR2 1AY
Your privacy is important to us. We only use the information you provide about yourself and your company when using our website or by contacting us directly via email to answer your enquiry, to complete our supplier & subcontractor evaluation form or to help us to improve our service to you. We do not share this information with any third party except to the extent necessary to answer your enquiry if that enquiry requires the involvement of a third party.
We use return email addresses to answer the email we receive. Such addresses are not used for any other purpose and are never shared with outside parties.
Information that we collect
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information that you provide to us by filling in our ‘Supplier & Subcontractor Evaluation Form’. This typically includes your name, company name, insurance details, accreditations, telephone number, email address & bank payment details. This information may be used to support requests by our Clients for information on subcontractors used on our projects.
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- All technical correspondence relating to current projects you may be working on with us.
- Details of your visits to our website including, but not limited to, web server statistics, traffic data, location data and details of the web pages and resources that you access.
Our use of IP addresses and cookies
We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to analyse aggregate information. This is statistical data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns and does not identify any individual.
For the same reason, we may obtain information about your general internet usage by using a cookie file which is stored on the hard drive of your computer. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer’s hard drive. They help us to improve our site and to deliver a better and more personal service. They enable us:
- To estimate our audience size and usage pattern.
- To store information about your preferences, and so allow us to customise our site according to user needs.
- To recognise you when you return to our site.
How we protect your information
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of the data that you transmit to our site; any transmission is therefore at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict internal procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access. We also keep your information confidential.
How we use your information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- To provide you with information or services that you request from us only when you have consented to be contacted for such purposes.
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
If you are an existing customer/client, we will only contact you by electronic means (email) with information about services similar to those which you have previously received.
If you are a new customer/client we will contact you by electronic means only if you have consented to this.
If you do not want us to use your data in this way, please contact us.
When we might disclose your data to a third parties.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties in a very limited number of circumstances:
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation , or in order to enforce or apply our standard terms & conditions and other agreements; or to protect the rights, property , or safety of Parkinson Builders Ltd, our customers/clients or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies or organisations for the purpose of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
- In the event that we sell our business, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective buyer of our business.
The data Protection Act 2018 and General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) gives you the right to access any information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with this Act. Any access request will be subject to a fee of £15 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.
Continued use of the service will signify that you agree to any such changes.
If you have any queries or comments, or if any of the information that you have provided to Parkinson Builders Ltd changes, please contact us.